[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

Kurt Baxter fortefile at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 20:11:54 MST 2011

My last upright hammer replacement I used a set of Abel "Naturals" and quite
liked them. They sounded fine right out of the box. It was a full size
upright though... Do you think the Abels would be too firm for a WW2 era
spinet? The scale seems really low tension, and that is part of what they
like about the sound.

-kurt