[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Jan 6 07:21:15 MST 2011

 Ok, ok,... I knew I'd take heat for that one.  how bout this.... It wasn't the usual nasty sound we're all accustomed to when we got thru.  Better fundamental and sustain.  I took the job for two reasons.
  A. The clients were very nice people and spent real money.
 B. It gave my sons a stellar opportunity to work on a spinet and to understand why we don't particularly like working on spinets.
 peace out dudes

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration

The psychological effect may be the greatest change/benefit for the customer.  New tires on a Yugo make it look better, but it's still a Yugo.

Conrad Hoffsommer

"the best sounding winter you could hear."

I don't know what to say here Dale. Any analogy I can think of would get me seriously chastised on this forum. I'm really just pulling your leg (a little bit - a very little bit), but what exactly does the best Winter spinet sound like - is it all that different from the gazillion that I have endured - I mean heard?

Terry Farrell
                       =