[pianotech] Appropriate replacement hammers for Winter spinet?

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:03:26 MST 2011

Peeling hammer felt is in my experience a characteristic of Winter spinets.
Most likely an inferior ("best price!") batch of glue, guys doing the
clamping knowing they've got to rush rush rush because their piecework wage
for the cheap hammers was probably congruently low; maybe the completed sets
were kept in the shed with the leaky roof . . .
Patrick