[pianotech] Bass String Length Mismatch Tuning Trouble

Terry Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jan 7 17:53:29 MST 2011

On Jan 7, 2011, at 11:49 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> On 1/7/2011 5:49 AM, Terry Farrell wrote:
>
>> The work on this Baldwin F blew me away - it was "rebuilt" by a
>> company
>> that is quite arguably the most respected in my area (or at least
>> best
>> known because of brand affiliation).
>
> Just out of curiosity, is that highly respected paint on those
> agraffes?  <G>
> Ron N

The absolute highest indeed. Even a coat or two of clear also!

Did ya notice all original bridge pins on the bass bridge? The entire
treble bridge also - along with the whisker cracks at each pin and the
associated false beats - oodles of 'em in the upper tenor - and of
course, more in the treble.

Terry Farrell