[pianotech] Plate crack repair

SooperTooner at aol.com SooperTooner at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 09:24:07 MST 2011

I have 2 candidates for repair of cracked plates: a square with a crack in
the tuning pin area and a small grand with a crack in a treble strut.
Neither are valuable to anyone but the owners and both are owned by  schools.

I don't wish to send them off for welding so have been looking at the
Lock-n-Stitch products with the intent of doing the repairs in my own shop. I've
 watched their YouTube videos of the process and I see no reason why I
can't do  the same myself.

Any caveats or constructive opinions?

Donn Young, RPT
610-964-8181