[pianotech] Fwd: Plate crack repair

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Sat Jan 8 09:58:46 MST 2011

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers
Join the Weickert felt Revolution
209-577-8397
209-985-0990

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale Erwin <erwinspiano at aol.com>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Sat, Jan 8, 2011 8:50 am
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Plate crack repair

Only way to go.  I've not done it myself as they are just

 down the road from me in Turlock.  They have saved my Bacon Three times.
 The Picture is a Steinway O at the cross joint there was a piano mover induced break. In my mind this a plate strut are thee worst places this could happen
  There are 5 pins in that spot and they are holding beautifully 8 years later.  It saved the piano and the insurance copmany about 25 K at the time.
 It was a family piano as well.