[pianotech] e-mail

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 8 10:08:39 MST 2011

HI Susan,
Are you referring to Bill Bremer of Madison WI?  I've met him, great guy.  I know someone from the list and have met them in person who flames me from time to time, name will be unmentioned.  It's not fun being on the flammed end of e-mail.  Although I give it right back to him and it usually works.  Yet I do respect his experience in our field.

So I'll ask this question again since it might have been overlooked before.  Will mismatched strings not only cause that roll but will it cause a somewhat different tone or tambre?  I think that's how we spell that?  I'm curious because this Mason Hamilin BB I tune does have a bass string that sounds a little off, and will not tune perfectly to it's mate.  Is replacing both or the mismatched the answer?  How do I know which is the one that was replaced. I'm not the original tech who tuned for them.  They chose me because I fixed a stuck key that the last guy wouldn't address.   Thanks
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com