[pianotech] e-mail

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Jan 8 11:40:50 MST 2011

On 1/8/2011 9:08 AM, Marshall Gisondi wrote:
> HI Susan,
> Are you referring to Bill Bremer of Madison WI?  I've met him, great
> guy.  I know someone from the list and have met them in person who
> flames me from time to time, name will be unmentioned.  It's not fun
> being on the flammed end of e-mail.  Although I give it right back to
> him and it usually works.  Yet I do respect his experience in our field.

Hi, Marshall

Yes, that's the guy.

You must understand that people new to email often over-react and get
into flame wars. It's just something which one needs to learn how to
handle. Neither Bill nor I had that experience when he first arrived on
pianotech, but it seems both of us now do.

The best cure for the flaming tendency is just to have some experience,
and that includes experience receiving it. One just stops taking it
seriously.

Susan