[pianotech] London Piano Mfg

Barrie Heaton piano at a440.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 08:41:11 MST 2011

In message <p06240804c94ea0f34964@[192.168.1.68]>, John Delacour
<JD at Pianomaker.co.uk> writes
>At 14:18 -0800 08/01/2011, Stan Ragnes wrote:
>

>>I thought so to and I have Papps wedge, but I couldn't get it into the
>>strings as the damper rod were so high and the muting felt covered all
>>the strings . . . go figure.  Stan
>
>!!!
>
>I've never heard of anybody tuning a piano without removing the celeste
>rail.  Next thing I'll be hearing is that someone couldn't tune a piano
>because the top door was in the way.
>
>JD

Tut Tut that not like you JD give the guy a brake

To follow up on Susan some times the celeste is mitred into the end rods
you just bend the rail to you and it pops out.

As to Stan question is the piano worth anything? well no for its history
you could ask Bill on the piano history forum on the UK Piano Page see
what info he has on the make see  links below

Barrie

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request  http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©     http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/