[pianotech] animals interrupting tunings

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Wed Jan 12 12:58:49 MST 2011

I LOVE dogs!  That's one of my joys of going into homes to tune.  Three memorable experiences:

1. A Belgian teruvan:  After tuning, while the owner was playing, I was petting the dog. suddenly the owner said; "If you ignore Suzzette, she might sing for you."  Sure enough, Suzzette sang!  She not only sang, she performed like a prima donna.  She listened to the music and fit right in with it, she sang to her audience, it was incredible!  (They perform in the bar in Big Sur, CA).

2.  A Cocker spaniel.  Kept coming back to me for pets--I couldn't resist.  Eventually I said to the owner, "Some day I want to have a dog like this one."  The owner said, "How about this one?" Tara went home with me that night and brought me great joy for the next eight years.

3.  A King Charles spaniel, slept on my right foot right through a pitch raise and tuning!  She merely adjusted her position when I had to move.

Someday I want to have a dog again, right now I have to pet other people's dogs.

Diane

[pianotech] animals interrupting tunings
Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 07:52:09 MST 2011