[pianotech] accepting credit card for service calls

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Jan 14 11:31:04 MST 2011

Tom

I've been accepting credit cards since I had a store in St. Louis back in the '80's, and '90s.  For me it is very easy to do. I am now with 1st Nat. of Omaha. I write down the CC number on my billing pad, and have the customer sign it. When I get home, I call it in, using my touch tone phone, and the money is sent directly to my bank, usually in about 24 - 36 hours. I accept all cards, and the bank sends me a statement once a month to show my activity. American Express sends me a separate bill. The cost is about 3.5%. of what I bring in.

It's more convenience than anything, although I would guess that for about a third of the customer who use the CC, if I had not accepted it, they probably would not have had the piano tuned, much less had extra work done.  So for the additional dollars it brings in, it's definitely worth it.

Wim