[pianotech] Malpractice insurance for working for a school district

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 20:42:26 MST 2011

Agreed.  Client list is out of bounds and they have no right to that nor
does it have any relevance to the work you've done.  They can, of course,
ask for references if they are going to continue to use you.  I wonder what
type of contract they want?  That they pay you if you do the work?  You
could write one of those.  "I agree to tune your piano in exchange for $xxx
and you agree to pay me promptly."

Business license and proof of liability insurance seems reasonable for a
public institution.  In this case, however, if you've already done the work
they owe you the money no matter what you do or don't provide (except maybe
a W-9).  They should have asked for these items before they hired you.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com