[pianotech] More fun with spinets

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 21:30:18 MST 2011

Well I just moved that little Everett to a violin shop down the street where
it will sit in a practice room until it sells, so it's out of my hands for
the time being. Next time I'm there to tune it, I will try to get another
recording.

My normal method of tuning the bass on spinets is to try to get to 6:3
octaves as fast as I can, even if it means that the single octave will have
a bit of a roll in it. The last octave or so I don't mind a beat or 2 in the
6:3 Octave. I figure with the high inharmonicity in these little pianos, the
bass needs to be stretched as much as possible.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter