[pianotech] Chickering Quarter Grand

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:16:57 MST 2011

Terry,

Since nobody responded, I'll try.

Old 1/4 grands are a nemesis!  It depends on what year it is.  Mr.
Chickering changed designs all the time. I re-habed a 1919 once (and my
last).  It was a beast.  Some from the day had damper heads that one could
change the side to side regulation by spinning the head in or out on the
wire.  Other back and forth regulation, and timing reg is pretty much
standard.

Have a lot of patience with these old gals; very tempermental.  I must
tell you that it was a pretty good piano when I finished, but the hours
invested did not pay off for the price I got.  The learning experience:
priceless!

Good luck,
Paul