[pianotech] Old Upright Blues

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 20:49:14 MST 2011

I've done this before. It works well with thick CA glue. Pins get quite
tight that way -- quickly. Use a hammer shank or some such to swab the hole.

I no longer work on old uprights because 95% of them (in my area) have
problems with loose pins -- amidst myriad other things. The many cycles of
humidity old uprights have endured renders them nearly worthless. Worthless
except for rebuilding ... which no one yet has been willing to pay me to do.
Can't say as I blame them -- they could get two new uprights for what it
would cost to fully rebuild one old one.

--
JF