[pianotech] To unplug or not to unplug

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Jan 23 21:48:06 MST 2011

On 1/23/2011 10:28 PM, Barbara Richmond wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I will be installing a full DC system with undercover on a Yamaha C-6
> that lives in a large parish hall. The piano is stored on near the wall
> on one side of the room. Every week it is rolled out mid-room for a
> chorus rehearsal. It seems like it would be OK to unplug the system,
> move the piano and use it for rehearsal, and then roll it back and plug
> it back in. Or, I thought about using some sort of retractable extension
> cord, but am concerned about how well that would really work--then there
> is the concern about the chorus members tripping over the cord.
>
> Thoughts?

Gee, it sounds so reasonable. I'd think this should work as well as
anything mere humans presume to attempt, if the reality roughly
corresponds to the plan. It's frightening how much ground that
presumption encompasses, but it could happen - really. I predict that it
hinges on who is responsible for the minute to minute state of the DC.
If someone is, it may well work, and might even work well. The system is
terrific. It's the elves that are in question.
Ron N