[pianotech] Toll Free Numbers

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jan 25 19:55:22 MST 2011

More on vanity numbers from www.tollfreenumbers.com

When I checked on my number, 888-DEAN-MAY, I saw that it was available. I
did not even use tollfreenumbers, I contacted Power Net Global who I had my
long distance service through and they snagged the number for me at no
charge and put it into service.

For my brother's carpet cleaning business, 877-MARK-MAY, was not available.
I paid a very reasonable fee, not sure how much it was now, and
tollfreenumbers eventually was able to secure it for me. Once I had it, I
then took it to Power Net Global and Power Net put it into service. A toll
free number is just like a regular phone number that you choose a long
distance phone service of your choice to take care of. They set it up to
forward it to whatever phone number you tell them, your business line, your
cell number, your home number, or some dedicated line.

One caveat, when a call comes in, you really have no way of knowing if it is
coming in on your toll free number or not, unless you have a dedicated line.
No big deal for me. I do get a monthly report from Power Net Global that
itemizes my toll free calls in retrospect.

I don't get a lot of people using it but more than enough to justify it. I
think one reason is a lot of people have unlimited long distance packages
they use. But it is impressive to be able to have a toll free number listed
on your card. It is also very handy when people want your number to just be
able to tell them: 888-DEAN-MAY

Dean

Dean W May                (812) 235-5272

PianoRebuilders.com    (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802

  _____