[pianotech] advertising

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Wed Jan 26 10:48:18 MST 2011

On 1/26/2011 8:37 AM, Ryan Sowers wrote:
> I find my vacuum cleaner a much more useful tool than an ETD. :)

Hi, Ryan

You just reminded me that I used to carry a vacuum, and for awhile
I haven't. I really should sort things in the car and put it back
in. I used to carry wooden dowels for upright pedals, I used to
carry my ivory box, and an extension cord, and the hot bending
pliers and the hammer iron. And the universal bass strings.
And the "enforcer", a two-foot 1/2" steel pipe for bending action
bolts when one could barely pull a console action off them.
I used to heap up the car with stuff.

Somehow most of it gradually wandered inside, since I found my
business changing. I should consider again what should go with
me. In the last month I needed a pedal dowel and three ivories
while far from home. Not only didn't I have them, but the ivory I
do have mostly needs bleaching, from sitting in the box too long.

Time for a general remake, and a new car storage arrangement
for parts, as well. I recently bought some old Samsonite small
suitcases, and an attache case, off Ebay. (The old stuff is often
the good stuff.) I should ditch the cardboard boxes and sort
parts, etc., into the luggage. Ziploc bags help a lot with
organizing parts in containers. I was looking for a Samsonite
overnight case like the one which has held my stringing gear
and wire for lo these thirty years. It's pretty well destroyed,
but I can't say it didn't give good service. The mirror is still
unbroken.

Susan Kline