[pianotech] aural tuning

Alan Eder reggaepass at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 11:33:07 MST 2011

Susan,

One place where in the past I have disliked ETD tunings is that I    hear a dip around octave five and six,
Agreed.  I tuned aurally for my first ten years.  Since then, I tap into the "best of both worlds."  Using the default programs for both RCT and SAT, I routinely raise the pitch on every note in the 5th octave "a bit" (determined by ear, then entered into the machine's memory).

Alan Eder