[pianotech] advertising

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Wed Jan 26 11:59:08 MST 2011

OK, I KNOW you're going to hate this one. Dress up. Wear slacks, a nice shirt (J.C Penny's Stratford Shirts are the best buy!) and wear a nice tie and sport coat.

The tie and sport coat was gone many years ago, but we do need to wear good looking clothes. My dress now is slacks nd an aloha shirt. Back in my St. Louis days, I wore a polo shirt and slacks. On a day I was working in the shop, and had only one appointment, I would wear my shop clothes, but apologize for my appearance.

BTW, I know some of you think it looks "professional", but in my opinion a blue work shirt with your name embossed on the front, and/or on the back, is not appropriate attire for a piano technician. A small name tag might be more appropriate, but looking like a plumber or car mechanic is not.

WIm