[pianotech] Ties

Conrad Hoffsommer choffsommer at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:44:38 MST 2011

ROFLMAO!

When I got in the business, polyester was king. (youngsters - google "leisure suit")
I can't tell you how many slacks got ruined just leaning up against the keybed of an upright while tuning. Any diving under grands turned you into a big Swiffer(R) sweeper!

When I got my college job I went to jeans and good sport shirts. My private customers all saw me that way, as I did many outside tunings on the way home from my "day job".   It helps that I'm in a mostly rural area and so didn't/don't look out of place.  That said, I recently got word back through the grapevine, that the 80+ year old mother of a friend commented that I was the only jeans-wearing person she knew that didn't look messy.  Holes and torn jeans are for yard work.

Keep yourself neat and clean, ask and be ready to remove shoes upon entering, do good work and you can wear any "uniform" and be invited back.

Conrad Hoffsommer