[pianotech] advertising

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 15:13:14 MST 2011

Hi Susan,

Sure.  I had completed action work on a vertical.  I filed hammers, replaced
bridal straps, cleaned it all up spotless, etc., it came out beautiful.  The
next day, I went to my shop to retrieve the action wearing a tie all set to
return it shortly thereafter.  I leaned over the action to double check the
hammers and other things when the tie clasp let loose of the tie.  It was
probably only partially grabbing it to begin with,  I don't know and I don't
care now but, it allowed the tie to go over top of the hammers.  When I
leaned back up and turned to walk away to my office, the backside of the tie
caught on something on the action yanking the action off from the bench and
onto the floor smashing it.  I had broken hammers, broken dampers, broken
wippens and a broken action bracket.  That was the last time I wore a tie.

Jer