[pianotech] Ties

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 16:21:48 MST 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM, Encore Pianos
<encorepianos at metrocast.net>wrote:

For me, I have found that there is a direct correlation between how well I
> dress and how dirty I get at the customer’s house.  If I am wearing black
> slacks and a tie, without fail I will be required to crawl underneath a
> grand piano whose floor has not been vacuumed since just after the birth of
> Christ.
>

> Will Truitt

Ain't that a fact!  And exactly the reason I quit wearing the more expensive
slacks. Not only do they get dirty, they also get ripped ... snagged on the
underside of pianos during a tuning, etc. Nowadays, I generally wear pants
that look sort of like khakis, but the fabric is more durable. And they cost
around $16.00. I don't care if they get ripped, or replaced in a year's
time. They look "khaki-ish", and get paired with either a nice polo or a
more casual button-up.

Now, I'm no Mr. GQ, but I've seen some of the ties (and also the lack of
color coordination and fashion sense) some of you fellas wear at convention.
Might I recommend before you get proud of wearing <<brings mouth close to
the microphone to get that deep resonance>> "the tie" ... make sure the durn
thing matches the rest of your clothes? And that it isn't just an old, ugly
tie?  !!

<G>

--
JF