[pianotech] Tuning, was advertising

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Wed Jan 26 20:46:07 MST 2011

On Jan 26, 2011, at 4:46 PM, David Love wrote:

> I wouldn't at all say that using an etd is rote work or just running numbers.
Dave, Dave, Dave. I didn't say that. Read it again. I was referring to bookkeeping, making forms, and running scale calculations.
I would never imply that about ETD use. That would subvert the entire context of my post: for us artisans, all roads lead to Rome. So to speak.
> This is what bothers me about your position. You imply that using a device is somehow less, less skill, less craft.
Nope. No sir. Not with someone like you, or all my other treasured colleagues and peers who choose to use a device.
> Most of the skill and craft is learning how to get to the target and keep it there anyway (lever mechanics).
Welll....let's say a LOT of the skill and craft...but super crucial, agreed.
> That has little to do with what guides your ears or machine or as is the case with all the etd users that I know, both.
Right on, brother.

See? Respectful differences of opinion can be fun and educational......

xoDA