[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Thu Jan 27 00:15:24 MST 2011

Duaine,

There is no evidence whatsoever that aural tuning causes hearing loss and tuning with an EDT doesn't.

There is some evidence that the more attention and interest a person gives to sound, the more he likes what he is doing, the better his hearing lasts (use it or lose it is a real thing).

A tuner using either method of getting a tuning onto the piano stands an equal chance of acquiring hearing problems at some point in his/her life.  Other factors, such as noise, chemical agents, diet, stress, cardiovascular health, etc., etc, do have an impact on our ability to maintain good hearing.

Diane Hofstetter

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Let's take this one step further - about getting better at the art of
tuning.

Aural tunings to get better:

practice, practice, practice, practice and on and on and on - which you
get tired-er and tired-er and tired-er - your ears get tired-er and
tired-er and tired-er and your hearing is going and going and going and
going. So now after all that work to get better, you will probably need
to spend major bucks for hearing-aids.

Oh - excuse - me - hearing aids - are an electronic aid - therefore you
- won't - buy it. You will need to buy one of those "fossil" hearing
horns - you know - the ones that look like a megaphone but you put it up
to your ear to amplify those note checks and to amplify those, now, hard
to hear beat rates.

.............You are, basically, by default, going to get better - saving on your
hearing - saving on your "practice" time, saving you from getting a
hearing horn - giving you time to make better use of your free time -
giving you more time to make more money ...............

AND, I am going to be so bold and say that some day ETD's are going to -
--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years

Diane Hofstetter