[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising--re. Susan

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner at msn.com
Thu Jan 27 00:46:31 MST 2011

I must confess I am an ETD tuner.  I also use aural checks and tune the unisons aurally.  It allows me to pursue the things in my life that I feel a need to, and also give my clients good tunings.

But, I am in total awe of Susan Kline's aural tuning!  I have watched her tune (even listened!) and have attended concerts she has tuned for.  Her caring for the pianos and the artists who are going to be depending on her skills for being able to to an outstanding performance is awesome.

 Knowing Susan has given me a deep admiration for people who tune aurally. I also admire those who live a life that is so active and under demanding conditions such as noise, time pressures, etc. who acquire an ETD to relieve the stress on themselves.

Each one of us was given a talent.  To me it's how we use, invest ---or bury our talent that matters, not which tool we use.

Diane Hofstetter