[pianotech] Ties

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Thu Jan 27 06:45:28 MST 2011

Paul and others,

I don't think it matters, as long as one is clean and professional.  In my early days I always ware a tie and it was fine.  After that I started dressing for the day.  Some times I would work way out in the country and a tie made me look like a geek.  Much later when I started slowing down in tuning I would dress western and even ware a bolo tie lots of the time.

Now again, I dress much for the day.  I have a cranky customer today and I will ware a tie just to keep my status and difference.  Still, there are the customers of mine that I ware country attire, but again:  always clean and presentable.

As for the ladies on this list, when I was teaching at the PHTC I would tell them to dress in nice pants and maybe a pants suit.  Dresses can be a drag when working on lyres and putting in damp chasers.

Well, that's just my view, on it:  but I am blind so go figure.

William