[pianotech] Fw: Tuning, was advertising

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Thu Jan 27 16:07:50 MST 2011

On 01/27/2011 12:11 PM, Ryan Sowers wrote:
> How can a tuner ever develop their own sense of style and stretch if
> they haven't done the long tedious work.
OK, so you develop a sense of style and stretch - big deal - IS IT
REPEATABLE ?????

Just to put this where I can wrap my head around it.

Ignoring the style for a minute and focus on the stretch part.

Say, for example, you have tuned for someone who loves your tuning and
you can quantify the stretch factor as 10% stretch.

Now, in all of your sense of style and stretch, you are going to tell me
that a year from now, you are going to be able to come back to that same
piano and tune it with 10% stretch.

NO WHY IN HELL - unless you use an ETD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years