[pianotech] Synchronous tunings

Wally Scherer afinetune at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 28 13:57:36 MST 2011

Conrad Hoffsommer recently said (referring to his use of an ETD):
-I can tune multiple pianos together without having to move them around to access both (or 3) keyboards simultaneously.

My question: Do you keep the same ETD settings for the first piano as the second, even if they are different makes or models?

I have one customer who has 2 Yamaha 6 footers side by side. I tune one with my ETD, then keep the same setting for the other. When I check them together afterward (I STRETCH my arms wide), there are usually a few notes that don't quite match.

When I was an aural tuner, I sometimes hired my teenage daughter to sit at the first tuned piano and play the notes while I tuned the second.

Wally Scherer
A FINE TUNE - Piano Tuning & Repairs

Wallace T. Scherer, piano technician, music educator

5020 Canal Drive, Lake Worth, Florida, 33463-8014

Telephone: 561-432-4121

Web page: http://aftune.angelfire.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-FINE-TUNE-PIANO-TUNING-REPAIRS/129845010366185

FREE TICKETS: http://aftune.angelfire.com/freetics.html