[pianotech] The big discussion

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 15:06:16 MST 2011

Pitch lock and load.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Terry Farrell
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2011 1:55 PM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] The big discussion

I agree David. Now I have the NRA slogan echoing through my head (or a
version of it.....): "ETD's don't give poor tunings, tooners give poor
tunings"!

Terry Farrell

On Jan 28, 2011, at 11:29 AM, David Love wrote:

SNIP  The suggestion has been that the using an ETD prevents you from
gaining the aural skills.  I think that's a false supposition.   While some
may allow it to get in the way that's not the machine's fault.   SNIP