[pianotech] "Repeatable" tuning

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Fri Jan 28 15:51:45 MST 2011

On 01/28/2011 10:22 AM, Susan Kline wrote:

>> When overdubs are done in a recording studio, a cent or two can make
>> a difference, particularly in the bass.  And if anyone thinks that
>> they can aurally put C6 in as consistent a place as the SAT (say,
>> within .5 cents), I will have to see it to believe it.
>> Regards,
>> Ed Foote RPT
>> http://www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/index.html
>>
> Yes, Ed, point taken. I was thinking about your post last night, and
> realized that if I were tuning for multi-day recordings on a regular
> basis, instead of about as often as lightning strikes, I would use an
> ETD, as insurance, and also so I could sometimes touch up tunings
> while being sure that whole areas hadn't shifted a cent or two,
> instead of doing it all from scratch every day.
Susan - hold the phone - NOW - you are saying that you - don't - trust -
your - ear - to make corrections (touch ups) and to - make - sure - they
- are - right - you are going to use an ETD.

You hypocrite, all this time you kept saying that they are worthless,
you won't use one and more importantly everyone needs to learn aural tuning.

According to all you aural tuners, isn't that what all your tuning
"checks" are for - tuning - and - touch-ups ???????

If you need an ETD to touch up an aural tuning then - use - an - ETD -
in - the - first - place.

YOU HYPOCRITE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 11 years