[pianotech] Counts .......

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 17:56:31 MST 2011

Duaine

What does doing church tunings have to do with my question? The question is, has any one ever evaluated your tuning?  I'm talking about someone who knows what a tuning is supposed to be, not just a satisfied customer. Someone who has at least passed the RPT exam, but preferably a current or former CTE.

I use a SAT and I can tune a piano in about 20 minutes, and the result sounds pretty good. But then I turn the thing off and tune the piano again. That takes me about 40 minutes. I correct very minor problems. I used to be a CTE, but I think I'm actually a better tuner now than I was when I did exams.

Wim