[pianotech] O.T. My Email has been hacked

Nicholas Gravagne ngravagne at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 09:11:05 MST 2011

Hello List --

My ATT email has been hacked and is sending out bogus emails to several
folks in my Outlook contacts folder, including some of you on this list ---
many apologies. For this pianotech forum I use a dedicated Gmail service.
Trying to reach ATT Re this issue is like trying to reach the Vatican. I
will continue to try, as well as find out what I can via web searches. I
have learned how others have had these attacks (maybe some of you), and
eventually the bogus emails ceased.

I changed my anti-spyware and malware program and then waited hours for the
scan to run. Several high level bugs were unearthed and torched. So that may
be the end of additional internal hacking (assuming the hacking originated
at my computer). Still, the first batch of unauthorized emails is being sent
out daily from "me".

So, any advice or shared experience would be most appreciated.

Thanks

--
Nick Gravagne, RPT
AST Mechanical Engineering