[pianotech] Respect

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Sat Jan 29 09:57:07 MST 2011

On 1/29/2011 7:45 AM, Dave Swartz wrote:
> Long story short, Jim and I finished tuning in about an hour.  That
> piano sounded so sweet.  The octaves had  "breath" to them, the 10ths
> & 17ths shimmered.  I was simply amazed. Jim say's, "Well, that was a
> thousand dollars worth of fun, huh?"  I love that man.

I think we all love that man. He has done so much for so many, with such
grace.

One of his tuning seminars (in Washington State on a fine warm spring
morning -- he was shivering, we were in shirt sleeves) made a permanent
difference in my hammer technique, to my benefit.

One wishes that respect for the very effort which has gone (and is
going) into making better and better ETDs would prevent people from
using them as crutches and stunting their own musical development, since
this was never the intent of the inventors.

Susan