[pianotech] Q & A Roundtable

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:00:19 MST 2011

I am guilty as charged in taking taking well over an hour for many tunings, but, gee, I thought I had good reason...  8^)

The faster beating a unison is, the quicker you should be able to hear the beats.

The closer a unison is to "in tune" the longer you must listen to hear the (slower) beats.

So deciding how long to listen to a unison (and how long the tuning takes) may just be a matter of deciding how finely one wishes to tune.

Kent