[pianotech] ETDs yep the thread continues

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 29 18:24:23 MST 2011

Hi Everyone,
While tuning a grand piano today during the time these people were setting up for this event tomorrow, the question came to me while in the treble sectiion.  This piano, a Cunningham grand newer, had false beats.  So I was wondering how do the ETDs out there hanle false beats, and how do they handle the harmonics in the bass section.  I've gotten pretty much where I can still tell if I'm hitting the unison dead on with a false beat.  I'd like to try and give it a shot using one of those ETDs to see what they're all about. I' not afraid of them at all, but I love tuning aurally.  I guess Freuid or is it Frueid must have been a piano technician.  He talks about being aurally fixated.  :-)
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com