[pianotech] sticky keys with depressed sustain pedal

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 13:25:26 MST 2011

I'd also agree that this is caused by the usual suspects.

However, I'd alter the order slightly from what Tom wrote. First, you might
want to first check the BR (and FR key bushings) *before* easing the balance
hole. Sometimes a tight BR bushing can mimic a tight balance hole. (I
recently looked at a piano with excessively eased balance holes. The real
problem was in the BR bushings.)

And, definitely *check* the balance holes and key bushings first before
easing. Don't assume they all will need easing. I'm sure Tom does this --
but maybe just didn't think about mentioning that as part of the list.

--
JF