[pianotech] the big discussion

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Mon Jan 31 10:56:49 MST 2011

On Jan 31, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Ryan Sowers wrote:

> … An ETD is like a recipe- if your ingredients are right, and the temperature of your oven right, etc you may find that following the recipe exactly provides good results. But a talented cook knows how to teak the recipe in order to get superior results. With enough experience, the recipe is no longer needed.

Interesting analogy, Ryan.

I certainly wouldn't throw away a recipe, not when you've found a great one.
Yes, I might modify it, but I would make notes concerning those modifications.

Memory and experimentation are wonderful things, but if a person doesn't
   record the outcome of what has have discovered is beneficial to a foundation,
   it's a lost cause.

Documentation is a valuable asset.

You do reconcile your family's bank records, don't you,
   and make necessary corrections as necessary?

Sincerely,

Keith