[pianotech] 6 strings versus 200 + strings

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Mon Jan 31 11:29:58 MST 2011

 Ken writes:

>>I put myself through college teaching guitar.  If the bridge is not accurately position on the guitar, the combination of the bridge placement and frets on the neck can maybe get the guitar in tune at "open" position, but then when playing further up the neck everything can be out of tune - just to throw in a "clinker".

  I agree.  There is no perfect guitar, hence, no perfect tuning.  I have seen untunable guitars,(have hung around a major repair shop here in the early years), but unless the nut is so high that everything depends on touch, tempering one like I described often   makes them surprisingly playable
Regards.
Ed