[pianotech] the big discussion

John Ross jrpiano at eastlink.ca
Mon Jan 31 16:22:42 MST 2011

A prof, who is a cellist, at the university I tune for, didn't like the way the bass was tuned.
No other complaints.
Another prof, that I queried, made a comment along the lines, that a piano was an inharmonic instrument, and the cello was a harmonic instrument, and he felt that this was where the disagreement was.
It was a few years ago, and I still have the contract for the university. (21st year)
Oh yes, I do use an ETD, third generation up from when I started.
Don't know, whether it makes sense or not. I was just happy to have another prof, say my tunings were, ok.
John Ross,
Windsor, Nova Scotia