[pianotech] Copper recycling of bass strings

Claude Harding charding88 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 1 07:31:32 MDT 2011

Rob,
  Check and see if there are other recycling places in your area.

I live in a small town, but one of the recycling businesses here will take
bass strings "as is."  They have codes and formulas to apply to combination
metal objects, and they group things, weigh them separately, then add things
up and give me cash.
 It might have a slight effect on the price you get for the copper, but it
is much better than the hassle of stripping the copper wrapping off the bass
strings.
  Shop around.
Good luck,
Claude Harding