[pianotech] [OT] Stuff Which Should Really Be on PTG-L

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Sat Jul 2 07:16:24 MDT 2011

Hi Dale:

Thanks for your further clarification about the purpose of ptg-l.  I did
misunderstand what you were trying to say in your earlier post.  Patrick
Draine was kind enough to contact me privately and correct my
misunderstanding.

I don’t want to keep making the same points over and over, nor do I think
you do either.  We both have pretty much presented our case.

Given the content of the discussion we have had about the Higher Logic
program I think it would be very timely and useful for Phil Bondi to write a
post to both forums where he updates us on his interaction with the folks at
HL, and progress on the problems with the program that so many have
experienced.  Regardless of where we sit on the issue, it would be to
everyone’s benefit to know more about what is going on.

I am all for having a better software system to manage the Pianotech Forum.
Really.  The old format is long in the tooth and has its own set of foibles,
as we all know.  Call me naïve, but I can’t help believe that there is
something out there that is much better at doing this than the Higher Logic
program.  And affordable.  No one would be happier than I to find a program
that is better than the Higher Logic program and the old format, and that
allows us to do more.  Where you and I fundamentally disagree is that you
believe that the Higher Logic program is sufficient to meet our needs and
encourage large participation by the membership, and I say no on both
accounts.

Good luck with your class, and enjoy yourself in KC.

Will