[pianotech] Phil Bondi's answers to our questions about what isbeing done to correct the problems with the Higher Logic program

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Mon Jul 4 19:55:55 MDT 2011

No, I am not considering that possibility.  I have reread his communications
many times.   If that were the case he could have said so directly and
simply.  That’s not so difficult is it?  The best word I can use to describe
his communication style is opaque.  He’s certainly made no effort to inform,
nor did he explain that he was not in a position to share certain things. My
read is still that he had no interest in answering our questions, nor did he
feel the need to explain why he wouldn’t answer our questions.  Your mileage
may vary.  No matter how hard he works, or how many people may or may not be
working on it, does not change the quality of his demeanor.

I’m not implying anything.  I am clearly saying that we feel that we are
being disregarded and blown off because of an almost complete lack of
response to our queries and concerns by the PTG leadership people.
Excepting Norman Cantrell’s welcomed post this evening, we’re being kept
completely out of the loop.  Reminding us that they are all volunteers
states the obvious and distracts from the issues.  And I have thanked him
and everyone else for their service and mean that sincerely.  The issues
exist separately from our gratitude for their service.  Near complete
absence from communication is never a good strategy if you want people to
feel that their concerns are being taken seriously.

It is possible for people to communicate diplomatically and inform concerned
parties while retaining appropriate boundaries.  It can be done, but it
isn’t.  It does take effort, tact, and thoughtfulness.  I just want the
lines of communications to open up and have the dialog go both ways.

How do you know what Phil knows?  How  do you know who he is communicating
with and what is not yet decided?  Why do you think I am asking him to
invent details out of speculation?  How do you know he thought the news
would be welcomed?

I will refrain from discussing your characterizations of me.

Sincerely,

Will Truitt