[pianotech] Cristofori grand music desk

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Tue Jul 5 21:56:03 MDT 2011

I tuned a Cristofori CRG-48 (4'8" preemie) today. This incarnation of the
Cristofori name was used by a large, local piano/music store chain as a sort
of private label, made in China.

The music desk is about 1/2" too short. If one end is fully in its slot, the
lip on the other end drops out of its slot. I showed it to the customer,
who's content to leave it as is, but I wondered if anyone else has
encountered this. My repair idea is to remove the felt from the ends, glue a
1/4" thick piece of (maple?) on each end and re-cover with new felt,
including the front (visible) new extensions.

I do plan to contact the store in the a.m., too, to see if they have any
advice.

Thanks,
Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN