[pianotech] FW: Calibration Assistance

Steven Hopp hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 20:49:24 MDT 2011

From: hoppsmusic at hotmail.com
To: ctuner at reyburn.com
Subject: Calibration Assistance
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 02:44:23 +0000
Dear List,

I just transferred my PRCT to a HP IPaq 4700.  I have calibrated it using my cyberfork according to instructions.  After saving the new calibration I can immediately play my cyberfork source and PRCT reads the pitch at nearly 2 cents flat.  If I clear out the offset box which reads 1.93 the spinner gives full blush.  If I set my A440 to the cyberfork and then use PRCT it says I am off by 2 cents.  If I compare my cyberfork to a friends Tunelab that has been calibrated using the suggested calibration for it the device reads my fork as perfect A440.  It reads my tuned string as correctly set but PRCT reads my set note on the piano as - you guessed it 2 cents flat.
Help!  What is going on???  I have never had this problem with my old IPaq 2215.
I sent this to Dean R.  but I am sending it out here too to see where the fastest answer comes from.  Forgive my double posting but I am in need of a quick response.  I am practicing for the exam this friday.
Steven Hopp