[pianotech] new sting broke twice

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Jul 12 18:53:40 MDT 2011

Since this comes after epoxying the bridge I would suggest that you also
take a look at the bridge. Has the apron slipped to make the string length
longer? Also, look at the front termination point of the string. Is it
actually resting on the bridge at the front pin, or is there something
causing it to be lifted off the bridge at that point so that it isn't
contacting the bridge at all, or perhaps the contact is at the rear pin.

I have had this trouble at C8 on a couple of pianos but never on the bass
bridge. For whatever reason, probably collapsed crown, the bridge was pulled
away at the front termination.

Dean

Dean W May (812) 235-5272 voice and text

PianoRebuilders.com (888) DEAN-MAY

Terre Haute IN 47802