[pianotech] new string broke twice

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 14 00:39:40 MDT 2011

Hmmm? The original post about this, stated note G#2. That makes it Note number 24 on my piano. So, ...I stand on my original assessment. However, the overall wrap given, originally was .118" which is way too thick for that note, so there are some discrepancies as to this whole thing. I think it behooves us to give ALL the correct information when inquiring about a problem! That would include the Note number, (NOT the string number!), the speaking length of that Note and the existing wire size that is needed to be replaced. It would, also, be of benefit to give the specs of the neighboring notes as well. Thennnnnnn, an educated response would be more likely to be given, without our batting it back and forth. The same goes for the current "discussion/cussin'" of the Soundboard crown, that has really gone waaaayyyy out there<G>
Just my take on it.<G>
Joe