[pianotech] New string broke twice

Noah Frere noahfrere at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 07:15:36 MDT 2011

Okay I owe ya'll (and myself as well) an apology for being, for lack of a
better word, retarded.
Although I double-triple-and quadruple-checked my math - I did NOT double
check the darn STRING i was using in my calculation! Joe Garrett is right -
as are all ya'll - i DID say G#2. For some bizarre reason i got stuck on D#2
and used that over and over...hence the discrepancy.

John I actually did use the metric system for my calculations.

I still don't understand what T to shoot for when calculating diameter. Is
there a chart somewhere giving the T for different parts of the scale?