[pianotech] U-3 Loose buttons

Aart in America Piano Services aartinamerica at optonline.net
Mon Jul 18 17:10:53 MDT 2011

Hi List.

I checked out a U-3 for sale for a customer today,
The piano was in beautiful condition, hammers, action, cabinet all great. Tuning A=440, however there were about 5 loose buttons (no cracks).
Ribs were tight and soundboard looked good, bridges looked fine and appeared to be tight and in place.
My question is can the button screws be tightened or is there a possible underlying problem why the buttons would be loose?

Thanks,

Aart

Aart in America Piano Co.
Jersey City NJ