[pianotech] New string broke twice

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Jul 19 13:36:18 MDT 2011

And then there is Murphy's Second Corollary:  Anything that can be measured
can be measured wrong more than once.

My workaround is to get away from measurements as much as possible.  For
things like locating pinblocks, soundboards, bridges, and plates, I try to
make and use jigs and indices that can locate things simply and precisely.
They can be much faster and more accurate than those measurements you took
wrong.  They help keep me from being a drooling idiot at least some of the
time.

Will

P. S.  I like your euphemism "intimately familiar with these built in
shortcomings"   :-)